Sunday, March 20, 2011

Love + Food = Happiness

Well Spring is finally here!!! And it just rained all day.  But I guess that is what they say... March showers bring more April showers?  I wish it was just sunny all the time.  There have been some bright and happy things that have happened lately though...

We went on a date Friday to a free foreign film on campus.  We usually try to go to them because they are funny, but mainly because they are free.  The movie this week was the Secret of Roan Inish. We were not impressed at all, we were quite bored.  So we bought a milkshake at a local shop and went on campus and watched a movie in a building (faster internet, comfy chairs, etc.).  I like to just get out of our tiny apartment and actually do something!


 The rest of the weekend I cooked.  I love cooking.  Jameson is very encouraging of my talents.  Me: "I want to make some cinnnamon rolls, doesn't that sound good??"  Him: "YESSS! I love cinnamon rolls!"  Me: "But they take a long time, I don't want to be up all night."  Him: "It's okay, I'll stay up with you...as long as we get cinnamon rolls!!!" Ha... so there I was, taking them out of the oven at one in the morning.  But they are heavenly!  I usually like to make something special after church for our Sunday dinner.  This week, I chose to make chicken enchiladas.  My family only ever makes beef enchiladas, and I couldn't find a good recipe, so I just made up the recipe.  Jameson said it was one of my best dinners. I wouldn't go that far, but they were tasty.


5 comments:

Chelsi Grigg said...

Emma you crack me up. I could just hear you saying this in my head as I read it. your cinnamon rolls and enchiladas look so yummy!

Anonymous said...

I can hear both of your voices during the dialogue part. haha.
This is awesome! You're making me want to be a blogger :)

Steph said...

Nice both of those looks delish! You must share your cinnamon roll recipe I'm kinda obsessed with cinnamon rolls :)
Sal is super encouraging with my cooking as well maybe that's why in a first few years of marriage we packed on the pounds :) and now we are trying to work them off hehe

LauraandJoel said...

This blog makes me happy! I am always amazed how creative you two are in finding things to do and enjoying the simple things in life. "Joy in the journey"

Emma Sears said...

We have to find joy in the simple things because we're in REXBURG (the simplest place on earth!).

Here is the cinnamon roll recipe I used, it was a lot different than any recipe I had used before, but it was tasty! We halfed it and it made about 18 medium sized rolls.

INGREDIENTS
2 cubes margarine
2 c. milk
1 c. sugar
1 tsp salt
6 eggs

2 pkg yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 c. warm water

9 c. flour

DIRECTIONS
Melt margarine; add milk, sugar, salt. Warm till sugar is dissolved. Add eggs, remove from heat and set aside. Place the yeast and 1 tsp sugar in warm water; add to other mixture with yeast has bubbled. Add flour - mixture will be sticky. Cover in bowl and let double.
Punch Down, knead. Roll into rectangle. Spread melted margarine/butter on top. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon (and brown sugar, optional). Roll, cut with thread/dental floss. Rise 30 minutes, bake at 375 for 8-10 mins.

FROSTING
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp vanilla
add milk and powdered sugar until it's as thick as you like.
(I added a little cinnamon in the frosting, and it was delicious)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio