Sunday, April 3, 2011

Springtime

It has been very warm the past few days and we've been trying to soak it in!  It was a quiet weekend filled with delicious foods, conference, and long walks.  I love seeing all of the new growth around Rexburg.  New flowers, green trees, and finally some green grass.  Jameson and I like to talk about our future home, and what we would like to have there.  We're going to plant a garden, have trees and flowers, and it will be wonderful. I love dreaming of what we'll have in the future.  I have been looking at pictures of spring and they brighten my day...




Now I want to discuss favorites (tell me your favorites too!)...There are a few things in this life that make me extremely happy, they are:  
1.  Jameson. I am married to this wonderful man who does so much for me.  He is always kind and always makes me feel better if I'm sad or upset.  He is the best for me, and I am so blessed to have him in my life.   
2.  My family. Of course.  This year was the first that I was away from them at conference, and they called me and acted like they actually missed me. Aw.. :)   
3.  Rain.  I love the rain, all types. Pouring in the Summer is my favorite.  It always makes me want to run around in it, and then come home and eat soup or hot chocolate and cuddle with Jameson.   
4.  Trees.  They are so beautiful and magnificent.  When I was in 6th grade we added onto our house and a bulldozer took my (one and only) cherry tree.  I've never been able to get over that, and I hope that in our future yard we have many trees.  Oh, also, Jameson proposed to me under our tree, and I love that! 
5.  Forks.  That's right, I love a utensil.  I will eat anything with a fork if I can, especially ice cream.  It is weird, but, I enjoy it.
6.  Plane rides.  I've only been on a couple, but I love them.  It really interests me to be able to fly into the air and then look down on all the tiny cars and houses.  Its amazing to be able to be up that high and going so fast.
7.  Vacations.  My family taught me to love them.  We would go on a few vacations every year if we could.  Some of my favorite places to visit are:  Mesa Verde, Disneyland, Nauvoo, Montana, my ranch and property, and now Texas!
8.  Music.  I listen to it every day and night.  A shout out to my favorite bands... Mates of State, Arcade Fire, The Hush Sound, Regina Spektor, M. Ward, and so so many more.
9.  Art.  I love to draw, paint, doodle, anything. But mainly I love art shows.  I love seeing how inventive others are in their work.  Jameson and I went to see his friend's art show the other day and it was amazing. It's really great to be able to walk around and ponder each painting and think of what the artist was striving to show, or a theme between pieces. 
10.  Cooking.  I love to cook anything, as you all know.  Today for dinner I made some chicken dipped in ranch, then in crushed cornflakes and seasonings, baked. Some mashed potatoes, and then some salad that I made croutons for out of pitas tossed in olive oil and broiled. Mmm it was pretty tastey.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey Emma what part of Texas do you visit?? You should come see us some time if it's close to Austin!

Emma Sears said...

We went to the Houston area, not actually in Houston, but my husband is from Tomball, right by the temple! And we should see you! How are you liking your new place?

Whitney said...

Um...You're cute and I love reading your blog. I was hoping you'd say something about loving the baby in your tummy...But I guess there's not one there yet:)

Emma Sears said...

Haha not at the moment Whit... :) You are so funny.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio