Friday, April 8, 2011

Fish, Finals, and Friday

Jameson is finally done with all of his classes and finals.  It seems so weird that we have been married for a semester now.  I have been getting emails from my teachers for Spring semester and already have some homework.  I am excited to have something to do.  To have some new things to learn, and some challenges.  It will whip my laziness into shape!  I'm really looking forward to my cooking and sewing classes.  Chemistry...not so much.  It will be challenging with both of us going to school, but we'll get through it.

We're kind of really happy...

The weather is back to it's 'boring' stage.  It's been freezing, hailing, windy, pouring, snowing, and dreary.  How are we supposed to be happy and motivated in this state?  Work becomes boring because there is no sunlight to bring happiness.  I can't wait till we go to Utah next weekend (we'll cross our fingers that the weather gets a little better). 

For dinner tonight, I decided to make fish.  My family wasn't ever really into eating fish all that often, so I really wanted to try to make something new.  I didn't have many ingredients so I just made up recipes.  I put ranch and fresh cilantro on the tilapia, and then some butter and lemon pepper on the salmon (they were small portions, so we made two kinds).  I broiled them for about 6 minutes and then they were done.  It was so easy and I loved that!  We had some cilantro rice with them.  They were pretty good, but the tilapia didn't have the flavor I was looking for, I think I'll make a sauce for it next time.



We finished our Lord of the Rings marathon.  It's been years since I've watched them.  I remember Coleman was obsessed with them when we were younger, and he would watch them every single Saturday!  I'm pretty sure he's still obsessed, but at least he does some other things with his time now.  Well it's finally the weekend, and we're looking forward to it.  Especially seeing Jillian, yay!!!  It will be wonderful.

(Coleman then...)

 (Coleman now...4 years later)

4 comments:

Steph said...

cute pictures! Yes this weather is very lame. I am sooo ready for spring I loved your spring pictures you posted on an earlier post! I have never been a fan of tilapia but salmon yes indeed!

Whitney said...

Oh its so nice finishing semesters in school. Congrats on that! I think I have something like 3 weeks left of spring sem.
Way to try cooking new things, I love cooking things I never have. I'm currently on a muffin kick and its great!

Unknown said...

love love love your blog! and you of course!

Emma Sears said...

Steph: The salmon was the best. I am so excited for SPRING! It was even a little warm outside today.
Whitney: I have been cooking muffins too! I made some blueberry ones, and then some brown sugar muffins. What have you been making?
Mel: I love you too. Wish we could have done something yesterday, but hopefully you have fun on your roadtrip today!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio