Wednesday, February 20, 2013

So this is the New Year...

Well it's a new year! We are now living by Houston, Texas, which has been a fun change. We both just graduated from BYU-Idaho in December! All of our family came to share this with us, and it was a blast to see them all together.


We then spent Christmas in Brigham City with the Barlow's, and then went back to Idaho to finish packing up our apartment. It was good to have Joel & Laura (my in-laws), and Lauren there to help us with the cleaning. After we checked out, we headed down to spend New Years eve with my family, it was hard to say goodbye to everyone. At least we will be able to go and visit them in a few months! We headed off to drive to Texas on New Years! Luckily, I had Lauren there to keep me company and keep me awake. We stayed the night in Albuquerque, and then drove the rest of the way the next day, arriving at 2am. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the last hour killed me.

January flew by, too fast! And it's too warm here to call it winter, but I'll take the warmth right now. Jameson and I go on a lot of walks, and see all of the turtles and creepy creatures that are here. I still haven't seen an armadillo yet, but it's on the list of things to see. We spent our 2 year anniversary down by the Galleria in Houston, where we ate yummy Cheesecake Factory, and walked through the amazing mall. It was a lot of fun. We have also been to the zoo, the beach, and plan on going on many more adventures in the near future.


February has been fun. I'm sad I missed Mike & Cassidi's baby shower, but it looked really cute. I'm glad I can still facetime, cause I can't wait to see their little baby! It's been a good month for sewing. I made Lauren a dress for her mission, and helped her go shopping for more outfits. Luckily they have a mall very close by, which is pretty large. Julia came to visit and we all went to the Imagine Dragons concert (special thanks to Joe Meservy!), which was a blast! They were great live. Valentine's day was fun, and Jillian & James flew in that night. It was fun to have almost everyone in Jameson's family here. We were able to all go to the temple with Lauren for her first time, which was really special. We had a big feast after at the house, and it was fun to have a lot of the ward members here to share it with Lauren. She was set apart as a missionary the next day, and then we all went out to Chuy's--so delicious!  Julia, James, and Jillian all had to fly back, so that was a bummer. Yesterday Lauren flew to SLC, and James & Jillian just took her to the MTC this morning. She's so excited to be a missionary, and she'll do great! Here are just a few pics of the past events!












1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! I am so glad you posted!! Lauren and I skyped last week... and this was part of our converstation..

Me: So how has it been with Emma and Jameson living there?
Lauren: Its really good... Wait, do you know Emma? Have you meet her?
Me:................... nope never meet her..
Lauren: REally?!?!
Me: *FACE TO PALM ACTION*

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio